Foresight is a highly automated game with units have a fair amount of initiative to act independently and responsibly. This allows the player to focus on important things such as:
- Monitoring the enemy
- Communicating with fleet commanders
- Organizing base defenses
We've removed the need to micro-manage certain elements in the game such as:
- Specific assignment of harvesters per gas patch.
- Manual assignment of fighters and bombers to their respective motherships
- The need to remember how many production facilities you have and which of them has the least load.
For more details on Automated Initiative, click [here].
It's almost customary for any Real-Time Strategy games to have unit grouping. Foresight certainly did not and will not disappoint. However, we've added a whole new level on top of just having unit groups. Introducing .. Fleets.
- A fleet is made up of at least ONE ship and ONE fleet commander of your choice.
- A fleet commander communicates his/her requests with you for your approval. Fleet commanders have their own artificial intelligence.
- A fleet is an extension of your command* and has a certain degree of autonomy and independence.
- A fleet can receive orders from remote locations. All other ships can only do so within a certain command radius.
- A fleet can be given specific patrol or routes of advancement across multiple sectors based on your designation.
- A fleet advisor can be assigned to augment the fleet's capability and foresee any potential threats ahead.
* Extension of command literally means having more units than your rank allows. To understand more about fleets, click [here]